Friday, September 15, 2006

A Relaxing Afternoon by the Pool

This is how I envisioned my life when I first decided to become a stay-at- home mom: I thought I'd hang by the pool (although I imagined a bigger one) with my kids all day and enjoy a nice cold beer when the mood struck. Then came the buddies and reality sunk in. I am way too busy most days to relax and have a beer.

This afternoon, we went to our favorite play area at the mall where I became frustrated at one of the big kids who hogged the slide. His mom chatted away on her cell phone, oblivious to the other children waiting in line as her son camped out at the top of the slide. Ace and Ben were so good and just stood behind waiting for their turn. Not wanting to deal with it, we packed up and headed home for our own swim party and I did crack open that beer. Ahhhh, it was good!

0 comments: