Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Daddy's Birthday

I'm sure I won't win the mom of the year award for feeding Ben chocolate cake the day after his visit to the Emergency Room. But, some things are sacred in our house, and birthdays are one of those things. Plus, the doctors did tell me to keep Ben happy for the next several days since crying can bring on more respiratory distress. I can't think of a better way to keep someone happy than a big helping of chocolate cake!

We've had a good day, despite being cooped up in the house while we wait for Ben's croup to pass. Steve opened his birthday presents this morning, while the buddies ate breakfast. We spent the rest of the day moving from room to room in our house and from the front yard to the back yard to play. The buddies barely seemed to notice that we never left the house since they saw a lot of variety.

Tonight, we'll have cake after dinner, but since the buddies will be in bed, I let them lick the icing from the beaters (a first for them!) and eat the scraps that I cut away to level the cake. Ummm, they thought it was good!

0 comments: