Saturday, July 26, 2008

Road Trip to Texoma and Kingfisher


After almost a full week on the road, we are home and back in our routine. We had an awesome time catching up with family, both at Grandma and Grandpa's house on the lake and in Kingfisher, Oklahoma. It was the buddies' first trip to Kingfisher. I have such fond childhood memories of this gorgeous little town and I loved showing it to my kids. We took them to two parks that I played at often as a little girl: Shaw Park (near my paternal grandparents' house) and Kingfisher Park (just over the railroad tracks from my maternal grandma's house). And they loved swimming in Granny's fancy indoor pool during morning water aerobics. We even met up with dozens of relatives at Eischen's Bar (Oklahoma's oldest) for chicken and beer.


It was a special treat to have Uncle Jeff along during all of our road trip adventures. We just don't see enough of him and the buddies are big fans. For those that don't know, the song playing on our blog is an Uncle Jeff original, written in honor of the buddies' second birthday.




We're wondering if Uncle Jeff is still talking like the buddies now that he is home on his island. Throughout our visit, we caught him saying things like, "I'm larry larry firsty. I need some water please. RIGHT NOW!" In Jeff's defense, he did make an effort to teach the boys to say, "just whenever you get a chance" in place of "RIGHT NOW!", which is a new (and rather irritating) piece of language in their vocabularies. I'm hoping it catches on.

View all of our pictures here.

0 comments: