Steve recently reached a milestone in his life. He has been Cancer-free for ten years. The buddies and I couldn't think of a better reason to celebrate, so we invited our friends to one of our favorite parks for a party. All week, as we traveled around town picking up food, drinks, and party supplies, we talked about the party. I'd say, "Who are we throwing a party for?" and they'd reply, "Dad!".
A party for Steve is never complete without a game or two, so we brought our ladder golf set and all the men enjoyed playing. The kids played at the sprayground and playground and built sandcastles in the volleyball court. After three hours of fun, the party traveled to Brian and Kathy's house for a few games of foosball and then on to our house for a poker tournament. Steve took first place (of course) and I came in second.
Ace and Ben and I are so grateful to have their Daddy in our lives. He is an incredible father and husband. Here's to 10 more years of good health!
