Friday, April 13, 2007

Our 5th Anniversary

Steve and I celebrated our 5th anniversary today, Friday, April 13th. Neither of us are superstitious, but as we set the date almost 6 years ago, we did discuss the ramifications of anniversaries on Friday, the 13th. Looking back, I remember discussing that our first "unlucky" anniversary would be our 5th and that even if it was a terrible day, we'd have five years of solid foundation under our belts and therefore our marriage would survive.

Today was not a terrible day! In fact, it was a pretty good day. The buddies and I had a good time during the day and were even able to work in a good deed by delivering dinner to a friend with two sick kids and a sick husband. Steve made it home from work in time to spend some time with the buddies and then help me cook our anniversary dinner. The menu was Beef Wellington, Shrimp Scampi Bake, and Parmesan Green Beans. It was delicious and I ate too much, but my kind husband is in the kitchen doing the dishes while I type this and let the food settle.

Since traditional 5th anniversary presents are supposed to be made of wood, I gave Steve two pictures of the buddies in wooden picture frames for his desk at work and he gave me a nice card (paper is made from wood, after all).

All in all, it was a happy anniversary and I can honestly say that each year of marriage has been better than the last.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that is one serious dinner there. Who knew you were such the cook? If we ever make it to see you guys, you are so cooking dinner for us.

wildboymama said...

And when ARE you guys coming to visit??? I can't believe my cooking is the lure, given all the great company you would get to enjoy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh the cooking is really not the reason, but a good insentive. Really it's to see those beautiful boys, they sure gotten so big. I'm so happy you have put this blog together so I can see their adventures and everyone else in the family. Miss everyone and we will plan a trip there soon!