In last month's edition of Parents Magazine, a mom wrote in with this tip for coloring Easter eggs with toddlers: Do it in the bathtub! I love it!
So, this afternoon, the buddies and I headed upstairs with three cups filled with egg dye and 12 hard- boiled eggs. I cleared the bathroom of all our bath time toys, rugs, and towels, draped the shower curtain up high, dressed myself in old clothes, and stripped the buddies down to their diapers. What fun they had! It took them about 5 seconds to figure it out and then they were dunking away.
When they'd colored all twelve eggs, I just stripped off their diapers and filled the tub with water to scrub them down. Easy and relatively mess- free! Of course, both boys are still speckled with red, blue, and yellow dye. Ben even has a big pink spot on the back of his head and Ace's feet look just like our eggs (thanks to Ben dumping the entire cup of blue dye on them). I'll have some explaining to do at Ace's 9:00 speech therapy appointment tomorrow morning.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Coloring Easter Eggs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment