Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bake Sale for Haiti





The kids and moms in the tiny section of our little neighborhood threw a bake sale this afternoon. And raised $554 for the Red Cross. And we have a matching donor, so the kids are sending a little over $1,100 to a devastated Haiti. I. am. nearly. speechless.





It all started yesterday afternoon, when one of our favorite little neighbors, a first-grader, brain-stormed with his mom about ways they could help. They decided on a bake sale and his mom quickly rallied the other moms. Word spread quickly as we baked, made signs, contacted news stations, and arranged for our neighborhood entrance sign to advertise our plans.



We were so honored by the way our community rallied around our kids for this great cause. We live among generous and kind-hearted people and this shows that a little idea can make a big difference. Go kids!












As I was tucking the buddies into bed this evening, Ben said, "I wish my piggy bank was full all the way to the top. Because then I'd have enough money to send water and food and doctors to everybody in the whole world."

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

Ben made me cry.

Love your boys. You've got awesome men-in-the-making there.

Laura said...

This is the cutest and most awesome thing ever!! I love it! You are an awesome Mom to teach your kids ways that they can make a difference. Great job Ace & Ben..and all the neighborhood kids and Mom's!