The buddies made these cool "Daddy Rocks" for their dad and gave them to him this morning.
And their daddy does rock. He works hard all week long and still finds the time to coach their t-ball team, take them to the swimming pool (alone, so that I can get a break!), mow the lawn, and take me on a date.
As is our tradition, the boys helped me complete their Daddy Questionnaires this week and we presented him with their answers today. Ace's answers are in blue; Ben's are in red.
How old is Dad? I don’t know. / I don’t know. (actual answer: 36)
But take a guess. How old do you think he is? 46! No, how about 56? / (after Ace’s answers) 66! Then, from Ace: He’s much older than you and me and Benny too!
My dad has no / black hair. (actual answer: brown, though not much of it)
My dad has green / brown eyes. (actual answer: a lovely and unusual shade of green-ish, blue-ish, gray-ish)
My dad loves to tickle me and then I want to tickle him /play!
I love it when my dad hugs me and puts me to bed with a ride /tickles us.
My favorite thing to do with dad is race – I ride a scooter and Daddy runs! /play the get-you game.
My favorite game to play with my dad is Duck, Duck 123 /Candy Land.
I like it when my dad sings the Ace and Ben song / ABC’s, but Grandpa sings the wrong numbers, like this 123-20.
My dad makes great eggs /music.
When I’m sad, my dad tickles me /snuggles me.
I like to get a piggy bank / race cars with my dad.
I love my dad because he coaches my t-ball team /because he tickles me and that’s what he really wants to do.
Happy, happy Father's Day to all the wonderful daddies in our lives...especially our own.

0 comments:
Post a Comment