This morning, we joined some friends (and 13,000 other racers) at the 18th annual Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot for the 5 mile run. It was only our second Austin trot experience, but most people know we are long-time trotters at another race. The buddies spent parts of the trot in our double jogger, but also spent a good amount of time running, skipping, and hopping alongside us. A big highlight was when they sprinted across the finish line with their friend, Mia, shouting, "I win! I win!" all the way. Here we are, after the race, in all our glory:
A few minutes after we took the photo, the MC announced that the last trotters had finished the race. He wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving and then helped his friends haul off the audio equipment. We've never witnessed the end of a trot before, so I guess we were pretty slow this year. But, it was worth it. Before long, we'll be trying to keep up with the buddies instead of them trying to keep up with us.
It was a good thing we all burned off a lot of energy this morning, because this evening, we filled our tummies with lots of this:
And then some of this:
During our meal, we discussed what we are thankful for. The conversation went something like this:
Daddy: I'm thankful for Mommy and Benny and Ace.
Mommy: And I'm thankful for Daddy and Ace and Ben.
Ace: I'm thankful for swimming.
Ben: And I'm thankful for candy and toys AND swimming.
We are thankful for food and remember the hungry.
We are thankful for health and remember the sick.
We are thankful for friends and remember the lonely.
We are thankful for freedom and remember the enslaved.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey, if we're in Austin next Thanksgiving, you've got new Turkey Trot running mates. :)
Post a Comment