Today was Circus Day at the buddies' school. Each class was assigned a time for their party in the special circus room. All morning, their class activities centered around the circus theme, so when it was time to "go to the circus", the kids were really excited. I arrived a few minutes early, to walk with the class. All ten kiddos were chattering about going to the circus.
At the party, the kids could watch a real circus on the big screen, wear clown wigs or animal masks, crawl through hoops (or use them as hula hoops, as our boys did), try their hand at a clown bean bag toss game, or just dance around and revel in the festivities.
Ace and Ben's teacher and I unofficially manned the bean bag toss for a short while. Several kids tried it unsuccessfully. Miss Dana and I faulted the poor design - the bean bags were disproportionately large, relative to the holes. Miss Dana even tried a few times and vowed to suggest smaller bean bags next year. Then, Ace marched up and tossed three consecutive bean bags through the hole. Miss Dana's jaw dropped. The kid is a machine. He can't wait to turn three so he can play sports and I can't wait to watch.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Circus Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment