Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!

We had quite a treat this morning when we attended our play group's First Annual Mardi Gras Play Date. The hosting family moved here from New Orleans last summer and couldn't wait to share their traditions with us. I did not know this until the end of the party, but my new friend traveled back to New Orleans over the weekend to participate in the Krewe of Cleopatra's parade. She returned with King Cakes, beads, and piles of parade throw toys to share with us. And she even cooked up a big pot of red beans and rice for lunch. It was a blast!

Ace and Ben had fun throwing beads off the "balcony" in the backyard and dressing up in the coolest little jester hats. I told our host that it was the best Mardi Gras party I had ever attended. She told me I have led a very sheltered life. She could be right...

0 comments: